NFL Mock Draft 2.0
Russo's Playbook NFL Mock Draft 2.0
1) Jacksonville Jaguars: QB, Trevor Lawrence (Clemson)
This is an obvious one and I don’t see it changing by the draft.
2) New York Jets: QB, Zach Wilson (BYU)
The Jets traded Sam Darnold to the Panthers & now have their eyes set on a QB. I think it'll be Zach Wilson.
3) San Francisco 49ers (via Miami): QB, Justin Fields (Ohio State)
The 49ers made the trade up for obvious reasons; they want a QB. I think it's Justin Fields or bust. There is no way to justify taking a different QB here.
4) Atlanta Falcons: TE, Kyle Pitts (Florida)
The Falcons have a good offense with Julio, Matt Ryan, and Ridley. Adding Pitts could make them scary good.
5) Cincinnati Bengals: WR, Ja’Marr Chase (LSU)
The Bengals elect to pass on a star offensive lineman in Penei Sewell & instead go for a new number 1 receiver for Joe Burrow. With Chase and Burrow having familiarity from their LSU days, this could be a beautiful pairing.
6) Miami Dolphins (via Eagles): WR, DeVonta Smith (Alabama)
The Dolphins may have some weapons already & signed Will Fuller in free agency, but what better pick fits here than Tua’s former receiver at Alabama & Heisman Trophy Winner, DeVonta Smith.
7) Detroit Lions: WR, Jaylen Waddle (Alabama)
The Lions lost two key receivers on offense and didn’t do much to replace them. My guess is they do that here with one of the three that will fall to them.
8) Carolina Panthers: OT, Penei Sewell (Oregon)
The Panthers get their star LT to protect Sam Darnold, which is a huge need.
9) Denver Broncos: OT, Rashawn Slater (Northwestern)
The Broncos were a sure lock to draft a cornerback before free agency. But after signing two, I don’t think that’s a top need any more so they look to help out the o-line.
10) Dallas Cowboys: CB, Patrick Surtain (Alabama)
The Cowboys need a lot of help on defense but it starts with a true lockdown corner who they get here.
11) New York Giants: DL, Kwity Paye (Michigan)
The Giants go with one of the best raw pass rushers in this draft. They need help on the edge of the defense and this is where they find it.
12) Philadelphia Eagles: CB, Caleb Farley (Virginia Tech)
The Eagles look for help opposite Darius Slay and find just that with Farley.
13) Los Angeles Chargers: CB, Jaycee Horn (South Carolina)
The Chargers go with a CB here & for obvious reasons. Jaycee Horn is a stud and has the potential to be a number 1 lockdown corner.
14) Minnesota Vikings: G, Alijah Vera-Tucker (USC)
The Vikings need help on the O-Line and with Vera-Tucker’s versatility, he can do just that.
15) New England Patriots: QB, Trey Lance (North Dakota State)
The Patriots wait and still get what they want. Trey Lance is like Cam Newton Jr, and what better way to bring in a guy like that than to have him learn behind Cam Newton himself.
16) Arizona Cardinals: CB Greg Newsome (Northwestern)
The Cardinals let Patrick Peterson walk in free agency. They did add Malcom Butler but look for them to still add a young stud cornerback in Greg Newsome.
17) Las Vegas Raiders: LB, Micah Parsons (Penn State)
The Raiders need help all over the defense and when a versatile linebacker that runs a 4.39 40-dash, falls to you, you take him.
18) Miami Dolphins: RB, Najee Harris (Alabama)
The Dolphins add a top-notch running back that can carry the workload and take pressure off of Tua.
19) Washington Football Team: OL, Christian Darrisaw (Virginia Tech)
The Washington Football Team still has questions at the tackle spot and Darrisaw can step in right away to fix that.
20) Chicago Bears: OL, Teven Jenkin (Oklahoma)
The Bears are in the same boat as the Washington Football Team and they follow up by going in the same direction as them and picking a player in Jenkins who can step in and play immediately.
21) Indianapolis Colts: WR, Rondale Moore (Purdue)
Although they did bring back TY Hilton, this is a beautifully timed replacement, and phenomenal athlete that can play all over the offense for Carson Wentz.
22) Tennessee Titans: CB, Asante Samuel (Florida State)
The Titans got rid of their whole secondary this offseason and need to fill some holes starting with cornerback.
23) New York Jets (via Seattle): LB, Zaven Collins (Tulsa)
The Jets need help all over their defense. Adding a versatile linebacker that can do just about anything from covering a TE and rushing the passer. This would be a huge piece for Robert Saleh and the defense.
24) Pittsburgh Steelers: C, Landon Dickerson (Alabama)
The Steelers need to solidify the middle of the line after Pouncey retired. So they go with a solid starter from day one.
25) Jacksonville Jaguars (via Rams): WR, Kardarius Toney (Florida)
The Jaguars need to add more pieces around Trevor Lawrence, so let’s start with Kadarius Toney, the super-fast and talented wide receiver.
26) Cleveland Browns: DT, Christian Baremore (Alabama)
The Browns continue on the defensive rebuild and get a run stuffer to fill the middle.
27) Baltimore Ravens: WR, Rashod Bateman (Minnesota)
All off-season I spoke on the Ravens needing to add a big body receiver and here he is one of the best in this draft.
28) New Orleans Saints: QB, Mac Jones (Alabama)
This could be more of a trade up if Mac Jones does slide this far. But with everyone in front of the Saints opting to not go QB, the replacement for Drew Brees falls right in their lap.
29) Green Bay Packers: C, Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma)
The Packers need to fill the void at center and since Landon Dickerson went to the Steelers they opt for the second best option.
30) Buffalo Bills: EDGE, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (Notre Dame)
The Bills need to add some more edge threats on the outside and Owusu is the answer for them.
31) Kansas City Chiefs: OT, Alex Leatherwood (Alabama)
KC needs to add more pieces to the O-line and with most of the top talent off the board they went with the next man up.
32) Tampa Bay Buccaneers: LB, Jayson Oweh (Penn State)
Oweh killed it at the Pro Day running a 4.36 40-yard dash, and excelling in all the workouts. He can be the replacement for JPP on the bucs as he's getting older in age.